Shaggy Dog Rescue wants to find the perfect home for all the dogs in our care. Therefore, we are very strict in our adoption policies.
Steps in the adoption process
- Submit the adoption application below.
- After receiving your application, we would like to discuss with your veterinarian.
- We will contact you to discuss the Adoptee, to see if we can make the perfect match.
- Upon agreement by all parties, sign adoption contract and give adoption donation for your Adoptee.
- We do ask that for 3 months after adopting you email us photographs and progress reports of your new pet.
Submission of Application does not guarantee approval for adoption.
NOTE: Shaggy Dog Rescue is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization. The adoption fee (paid at the time of adoption) is a donation to defray veterinarian cost of these rescued dogs. The fee is non-refundable after a 7-day period where the dog can be returned. We reserve the right to refuse any adoption we feel is not in the best interest of the dog or the adopter. Completion of this application does not guarantee approval for adoption. Full background checks will be performed on all people residing in the home. By submitting this application you agree to the Terms of Adoption above.
We do not adopt to anyone with children under the age of 8. If you do not have a fully fenced in yard all children must be older than 18. We adopt to experienced dog owners only. You must be able to provide veterinary records in your name as the primary owner/caregiver for our review.
If you are having trouble submitting the form below please contact us.